Teacher training in Italy: at school with the wolf
The Aree protette delle Alpi Cozie within the framework of the LIFE WolfAlps EUorganise a course for teachers to learn more about the wolf – between science, myth and news – in order to involve the new generations in active environmental protection and coexistence with the wolf, even in the city!
The course will be held in person on Saturday 25 November 2023 at the Daniele Bertotto Auditorium in Via Martiri della Libertà in AVIGLIANA (To).
From 9.30 to 13.00 theoretical lesson
– The LIFE WolfAlps EU project – Nadia Faure
– The science of the wolf – Luca Giunti
– Wolf and animal husbandry, prevention and mitigation systems – Umberto Vesco
– Communicating the wolf between fakes, scaremongering and reality – Simone Bobbio
– “Wolf in a Back Pack” for schools – Simona Molino
1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. free lunch
from 14.00 to 18.00 – outdoor activity
– guided excursion in two groups in the Avigliana Lakes Natural Park dedicated to ‘Human-Wolf Coexistence’ with demonstration of educational activities for schools by the Guide Parchi Alpi Cozie – Laura Matta e Marco Pozzi
THE COURSE is part of the actions of the LIFE WolfAlps EU project and is FREE with MANDATORY REGISTRATION.
Participation is limited – maximum 50 participants.
Information: Aree Protette delle Alpi Cozie – Tel. 0122 854720 – firstname.lastname@example.org
The initiative is hosted and supported by the Comune di Avigliana.